Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Me and my mistaken identity

By Atok Dan Baguoot 

I and my mistaken identity are altogether wrong 
With me is me on this wrongful planet
Others think and feel right 
Did anybody dare to consult me even the creator himself? 
If he were courageous enough 
Did he think to consult me 
He felt that he did his best to have me like me 

I was rightful inside me until they told me my identity
Am I literally wrong because of me 
I’m an African of confused culture
That is why I was wrongful enough 
I’m a black Sudanese by origin 

A second quality of me being mistaken 
I’m a Dinka, a hateful identity
To them, Sudan, my home is ever on fire  because of me 
They think If I were well colored
I was a good boy 

They think 
They think if all other black soil-natured Africans were different 
They would have conquered
They would have recreated Sudan 
They think that way 

I and my mistaken identity was never consulted 
Before nature molded me into me 
Before nature placed me in the savannah valleys of the Nile 
Before nature placed me on expensive fossils fats 

I hate it because it brought me pains
it brought to me a curse and suffering 
If my cows could drink from oil 
I hate an engine
Because it leads to engineering
it leads to the discovery of oil 

Never would I have dared to face the creator 
In the refusal me being myself 
For being at the bleeding age of a troubled country 
People called it the North-South border 
It is where Parieng town is situated 
Where nobody is there to say somebody is there 

Where if am represented
Where government imports automobiles 
That outnumbered the innocent population 
Where metals exchange with fossils fat
Where it is barter trade 

No comments:

Post a Comment