Thursday, November 8, 2012

In the lion’s jaw




                                By Atok Dan

In desperation, I’m in the lion’s jaw,
awaiting chews and gnaws
when teeth grind themselves,
for a social affair almost aborted
I’m lying upside down,
 seeing death sharpening its teeth
salivating over me,

In the lion’s jaws,
I’m destined to awkward death of teeth
of breaking my bones in a torn skin and flesh
only nature can bail me out
with my ears deafened by roars of a starved lion,
with canines and molars glows
like a metal rod held by a welder
smoldering in the Biblical like-heat
life has only an end,
of death

In the jaws of a fierce lion,
For an idea expressed
logic and wisdom rattle me helpless,
my eyes sunken in the ocean of tears,
intestines churning thunderously
I’m already a martyr of an aborted social love

No comments:

Post a Comment