Saturday, June 16, 2012

When a head confuses the body


                                                    By Atok Dan


When the head, the leg, and the organs are in disarray,
the head confuses the subjects
it is the tale of a headless body
even when the head contradicts physiological function,
 in dormancy,
subjects still adore it 
the prestigious head for it being lucky to be on top
it still heads the active body

If I could still speak the prophetic tongue,
gliding birds and hovering insects in the glaring sun,
 over our skies will listen to my tongue
the lions, the leopards, and the fierce hyenas
of our land will stand still
to the command of a man
I command all the beasts of our land
they are my subjects,
I head them,
They paid allegiance to my supremacy

Even the orphans, the widows, and the poor of the land,
alike would devour the book with great enthusiasm,
it is simple to order
for I owe my being to crawling insects on our soil
they understand me,
they are my subjects
I head them on to a journey of scavenging
even the greedy pay allegiance
no one eats alone,
for we all occupied an ecological zone,
it is this nation. 

When hope tatters in despair,
subjects vowed to bow in allegiance
no insubordination,
they are my subject,
 I head them
only and only in the Arabs spring subjects insubordinate,
with filthy heads
for even when the wealth of insects has all gone,
the widows and orphans would still decipher,
a mysterious disappearance of grazing pasture,
it could be soil erosion,
be deforestation,
but reasonable
it is the tale of unfair sharing

If I could still speak the tongue of Isaiah,
the dead, the wounded, and the souls,
would still disagree with me,
in the fairness to my flair for commands,
the sun, the moon, and the stars would be my only friends
but galaxies, milky-way, and oceans are still against me
I’m a bad head,
but I command them 

For I can appease flies in the latrines,
 poisonous reptiles of our rivers can subscribe to my ruling,
it becomes the ruling of a failed head
the wolves, the jackals are the merchants and mercenaries of the ruling,
the buffalos and the elephants are the police of my state
I command to the duties,
for their bowls are my mission











No comments:

Post a Comment